Repurposing and recycling old content has become the latest content marketing strategy. Content repurposing is not only easy but an effective SEO strategy to increase content engagement.
Before you begin reusing content, digital marketing Virginia Beach professionals suggest keeping in mind that not all of it is suitable for repurposing. Repurposing old content that hasn’t gotten any traction with your readers can only hinder your content strategy. What good is a content strategy if the correct metrics aren’t being targeted?
Although there is no one-size-fits-all recipe for success, you may fine-tune your content optimization approach by following these best practices.
- Look through your whole content catalog for content ideas.
What is the impact of content strategy on your company? You’re probably sitting on a tonne of content waiting to be rediscovered. Therefore, your content collection is the greatest place to hunt for repurposed content.
Look for the aforementioned traits when browsing your library:
- Evergreen – Current topics and viral content don’t necessarily perform well once a certain time has passed. On the other hand, Evergreen content does, which is why it’s always ripe for reuse. A blog on themes like What is Quality Content? or How to Recycle Blog Content is more effective than Google algorithm adjustments alerts.
- Popular – When deciding whether or not to reuse blog content, consider crucial indicators. Pageviews, impressions, conversions, and backlinks created are all metrics that may be used to forecast how well content pieces will perform when recycled.
- Interesting – Topics that may appeal to a new audience should be revisited. Even those that have previously underperformed might be redesigned and upgraded to attract a larger audience.
- Breakthroughs – Breakthroughs in an older conversation or research should be reprinted with updated data. To make content relevant again, update it with the most recent information.
- Look at your opponents to see what they’re doing right.
You need to know what you’re up against if you want to be ahead of the competition. In this example, look at what kind of content your rival Virginia Beach IT companies are using to see how you may enhance your content strategy.
Backlinko examined the top-ranking blogs for specific keywords using the Skyscraper Technique. You may observe what works for your competitors or uncover holes in their content that you can fill by studying content provided by your competitors. Then, see if you have any similar blogs and reuse content based on your findings.
- Think about the formats you’ll use for repurposed content.
Figuring out what format to utilize is a critical in content repurposing. A blog you started in the past doesn’t have to stay that way. You may make an infographic or an explanatory film out of blog information.
Remember: Use an appropriate structure for your issue while also appealing to your readers’ interests to keep them involved.
- Locate platforms that will increase the visibility of repurposed content.
You must locate outlets that will offer your blog content the visibility it deserves when choosing how to reuse blog content for more views. This entails deciding which channels to use to publicize and market them.
Consider the following example:
- As a guest post, you can submit blog articles on your site or other high-traffic domains, and videos can be shared with your YouTube channel.
- Apple Podcasts and Spotify may both promote podcasts.
Promote your content through various channels once you’ve chosen a place to get the most attention. Use it as a landing page, share it on social media, or send marketing offers to your email list.